We started out with the Golden Rule flannel board story and changed the cranky little people pictures with bad traits with happy people. This made Hailey feel a lot better.
Then we talked about listening. Hailey has a great memory and was listing off her five senses to Nate and I earlier this morning. It has been a while since we mentioned those. So, when I put up the picture of a mouth and asked what it was for she mentioned tasting and talking. Then we talked about how we need to listen with our eyes and ears to understand what the person is trying to communicate.
We did a fun little exercise, where according to what sound I make a certain action is attached to it. For the oatmeal drum we are supposed to walk to the beat. For the clink of forks, we supposed to kneel down. For blocks tapping together, we are supposed to put hands in the air. And when I put a blanket (I don't have a hat) on my head, we are supposed to stand on one foot. Hailey did very well and enjoyed this game. She wanted a turn making the noises and having me listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment