Thursday, October 22, 2009

Joy School: Unit 6a: Rules

We started a new Unit with week. Unit six is split in two: "The Joy of Obedience and Decisions" and "The Joy of Interest and Curiosity". The first half is a 4 lesson unit so it'll take this week only.

I introduced the concept of rules with a provided flannel board story about a school that didn't have rules. I think sometimes counter examples just confuse Hailey but I'm not sure.

Then we sang the rule song that we learned on day 1 (and haven't sung since that day). Hailey seemed to recognized it still which was great.

After that we talked about home rules and laws of the land. There was a picture about stopping at a stop sign. Hailey definitely recognized this and talks about it all the time. Now she associates laws with that one law. She told me without any prompting that we could crash if we don't stop at stop signs.

The recommended book to read was "Franklin is Lost" by Paulette Bourglois which I couldn't find at the library. So I read "The Pokey Little Puppy" which was on the alternative list and which I own. ($0.25 from DI)

I finished by talking a little bit about how repenting and saying you're sorry. We were cut off a little early today but was practically done.

No comments: