Monday, October 5, 2009

Emotions Part 4

To start this lesson we continued with identifying feelings and how they look. They wanted the kids to draw facial expressions on the pictures provided. Since this is sometime I plan on doing until my last child is in Kindergarten, I laminated the pictures and they drew on it with wet erase markers. I thought that idea was so smart.
The kids enjoyed doing this. I'm not sure why Hailey is holding the marker funny. From the very beginning of her using writing instruments, she has held it correctly.

Then we talked about honesty again and sang a song. Hailey still doesn't get the concept and Luc couldn't figure out why we would talk about it again. Then I told them three fun things we were going to do and talked about how sad they would feel if I was being dishonest. So, we first made pigs in a blanket. They ate them while I did puppet shows and flannel board stories. To finish off the lesson, they made their own stick puppets.
Chloe was home by this time so she got the extra pigs in a blanket and made a puppet too.
Hailey did a great job drawing a circle for the face and putting on hair, a nose, and mouth.

No comments: