This lesson is supposed to correlate with their Halloween Party and since I'm not ready to go into detail about Halloween we didn't do the witch art project or the party which was the bulk of the lesson.
We had a short lesson reviewing what different emotions we can have. Then I told a story about Josh's Feelings. The story was about all the different emotions that we went through before and during the Halloween Party at Joy School. Hailey love stories but these concepts of understand what she is feeling is above her.
Then we finished with a quick visit from a puppet to talk about how everyone has different feelings and it's okay to feel however they feel.
Tomorrow we are going into the feeling of anger and what to do about it. I'm interested in how Hailey will use this. The one thing I really like about Joy School is that these concepts are about of daily life and are easy to bring them up again throughout the day. So, for the rest of the day, I tried to point out to Hailey when she was acting frustrated or angry. I asked her how she was feeling and generally she answered "I don't know."
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment