Today, since it's Monday, Hailey had Preschool with Audrey. This time it's at Audrey's house. Hailey was so excited and wanted to bring her backpack. (I keep an apron in there just in case it is needed.) They read "If you give a Mouse a cookie" and shaped cookie dough into "C". Then they read "A Very Hungry Caterpillar" and made very cute c-shaped caterpillars with pom-poms. Hailey enjoyed it a lot.
So with Joy School today we talked about our five senses. First, they had an easy task of picking up the beanbag and walking across the kitchen and putting in the basket. Then they had to do it blind folded. I had Hailey be blind folded first and she did it perfectly. Somehow, I think she could see. I spun Luc around first to make it harder and so my point was proven in the end.
In this picture, Hailey is trying to get the beanbag across the kitchen without hands. (they both cheated at the end to put it in the basket.)
After this, I hide some popcorn in the microwave. I had then do finger plays with me while we waited for it to cook. Then they used their senses to guess what it was. Luc loved this part. They ate their popcorn while I read "You can't eat a pickle with your ears." Hailey surprisingly did not eat her popcorn. I don't think she has ever had popcorn before today.
After learning a song with flannel board pictures, I had a smelling unit ready for them. We took turns smelling what was in my cup, then they put glue down and sprinkled the item on.
*Side Note: At the beginning, we talked about what our bodies were and Hailey first pointed to her bum again and then pointed to other body parts. Yeah, she's learning!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment