In this lesson, we talked about taking care of the earth. We read a story about a Martian whose world was made out of purple plastic since they
didn’t take care of their original world. I think this concept went over Hailey’s head.
Then we talked about littering. I previously mentioned this to them as we were on our nature walk.
Luc was the one to point out trash on our walk, so we talked about how it doesn't belong and that it makes the earth look ugly.

We first painted pretty pictures of nature using water colors.

Then we put trash on it to show them the effects of littering.

To finish up, we went outside to clean up the trash. The kids were very excited about this. We had a lot of trash to pick up from just our building. The amount of trash we have outside has been bothering me lately. I few days before this, I was outside picking up all the trash I could find in front of my building. I was
surprised how much was there in just a short amount of time.

The worst part came when we threw away our trash bag in the dumpster. We found that area around the dumpster filled with trash.
Luc and Hailey were appalled and wanted to clean up. Yeah, they got the point! However, since the dumpster is big, I had to do most of the picking up. After putting in two split garage bags, we stopped, and left the diapers and spilled food. It was gross. I made everyone wash the hands after that.
Now whenever we go outside, we make sure we personally do not leave any trash out.
No comments:
Post a Comment