Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Preschool: F for Fish

We didn't have Joy School Monday or Tuesday. So, here we are on Wednesday, having preschool again. At the beginning I really focused on the Alphabet. We sang the ABC song with www.starfall.com . Their version includes the letter's sound and a object that goes with it. Since Hailey was the only one familiar with it, she did the actions with me.

Then we went fishing for the letters. I don't have a strong enough magnet to use the fishing pole, so I had the kids go one by one and pick up a fish that has a letter on it.

Hailey and Audrey were able to identify most of the letters they picked up. Hannah and Robert also had a lot of fun but didn't get the concept.
Then I read "One Fish, Two Fish" by Dr. Suess (but only the first half, the rest of the book isn't about fish). Then we did two songs about fish.
After that, they glued fishies on their "Fs".
Hailey did a great job and had them lined up within the F.
Since I knew Robert would only eat them, I didn't give him the option to use glue.
Surprisingly, I still had 30 minutes left so we played with play dough.

No comments: