Saturday, September 24, 2011

Random Wednesday Activities

So our Wednesday went like this:

After we went on our walk to drop Hailey off at school, we played with Paint Dots and Robert put polka dots on his Ps as his preschool homework. Something that I forgot to note in the previous post about this, is that Robert started to mixed the colors. He would put blue on top of yellow and be so excited when it turned green. So we were able to talk about a lot of different colors.
 Then we had our morning devotional. After that we went on another walk to take Robert to preschool and Hannah and I went to get rice at Winco for another activity we'll talk about later.

After preschool, we have about an hour before it's time to pick up Hailey, so we played with play dough (yeah, a P word!)

 Hannah likes the play dough containers a little better than the play dough itself.
 After a good 1/2 hour or so of that, I made them clean up and go outside.  Generally, I just sit on a chair and watch them play, but today Robert was interested in his soccer ball. So, Robert and I kicked the ball to each other and then started to play keep away.  He laughed the whole time we played and would randomly yell "SCORE" when he got close to a fence, or the sandbox, or the porch.  He is definitely going into soccer in the spring/summer again.

 Then Robert rode his scooter to pick up Hailey (he is much better at a scooter then Hailey is).  I made cupcakes the night before so after lunch the kids got to frost and decorate them.


Hannah loved destroying the cupcake better than eating it.
 Finally, it was nap time and I was ready for it. Hannah and I nap together upstairs while Hailey and Robert watch Dora, Diego, or BusyTown on Netflix through the Wii.

When I woke up, I had Hailey and Robert help me make colored rice. It's 2c of rice (any uncooked rice should work), 1tsp of rubbing alcohol, and then the food color, stir, the spread out to dry.  Our goal is to make 2 cups of every color of the rainbow and use them in sensory tubs for Hannah when Robert is at preschool. Robert got to pick which color we did today and picked blue.

 It was a very busy day that I devoted to playing with the kids.  Not everything went smoothly, I was exhausted by the end of the day, and my house was a wreck but being with the kids is very important to me. 

No comments: