When I went to pick up Hailey from school, she showed me this beautiful painting she did. It's a house (not a mountain like I originally thought) and it has a rainbow.
During reading time, she read a book about a little girl who was sick and turned rainbow colors. She also changes and had polka dots. Then she turned into a house and her mouth was her bed. She really liked this book and talked a lot about it. After talking to Darlene, I think that book is called "A Bad Case of the Stripes" by David Shannon. The amazon description of the book is "Camilla Cream loves lima beans, but she never eats them. Why? Because the other kids in her school don't like them. And Camilla Cream is very, very worried about what other people think of her. In fact, she's so worried that she's about to break out in...a bad case of stripes!"

No comments:
Post a Comment