Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blue Rice

On Thursdays, we have library time at 10:00am. So after morning devotional, I pulled out the blue rice so Hannah and Robert could play with it.  I'm completely new at the whole sensory tub idea, and really can't go out and buy cool things for them to find in the rice, so I just gave them kitchen toys to see what they would do.
Hannah first tried eating it (remember it's uncooked rice). It seemed like she got over that quickly and played with it instead. She used her hands to more the rice from one container to the next.  She made a huge mess and most of her rice ended up on the floor. 
 Robert pulled out more kitchen toys, like the mini cupcake pan, and pretended to make food.

It was a good activity to let them do. It works on their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. Also I kept telling myself not to worry about the rice on the floor because I can allows vacuum it up and make more rice.   I get the rice from Winco which is only $0.50 a pound! Little did I know that my vacuum would decide to not suck up anything that day.

No comments: