The Letter Y has a lot of mini activities instead of a big one with only one theme.

First, we started with the
Itsy Bitsy Y Book.

Then I had Hailey cut the yarn into pieces to put on our Y. (I crocheted a yellow blanket so I had extra yarn.)

Hailey first put the glue on the Y then covered it with yarn. She was excited when she made an X with the yarn all by herself. (I didn't help or suggest this she just pulled the yarn straight and then crossed the other piece with the first one. She's very smart!!!)

Here's our finished product. (Hailey's on the left and mine is on the right.)

Next we did
yogurt painting.
I had Hailey squeeze the food coloring on the different piles and stir with her fingers.

Hailey doesn't like being messy so she enjoyed watching (and telling) me what to do. We "drew" a flower, the letter H for Hailey, and the letter Y in the yogurt. She also ate some especially the blue colored one. (We used vanilla yogurt.)
I couldn't think of any books to go along with this. I didn't want a yellow book since we'll be doing colors soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment