Thursday, October 16, 2008

W is for Whale

Today was W and the lesson went very smoothly. We had three coloring activities and three books (including the Alphabook) and it still didn't take us a long amount of time.
We used water paints to color our Itsy Bitsy W Book. I get excited when we can sneak other W words like that into our activities.
We also used water paints to color our Orca whales. Someday I'll have to take her to Sea World to see Shamu.
We made a whale by finger painting. Hailey enjoyed this but didn't get too messy.
TaDa! Our finished products!

We finished up by reading"Who's in the Ocean?" by Dorothea DePrisco and "Arctic Babies" by Kathy Darling, photographs by Tara Darling.
This letter didn't take as long as I thought it would. We had a great time and was able to clean our mess easily.

No comments: