Then we read a cute book called "A Quilt for Baby" by Kim Lewis. It has beautiful pictures and tells a great story through the quilt. I wish I was that creative and crafty to make a quilt like tells about us and where we live for my kids. Oh well, we all have talents in different areas. Also if your kid likes baby animals, this would also be a good book to read.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Q is for Quilt
We started out talking about the letter Q by coloring the Itsy Bitsy Q book.
We then made a paper quilt using a template from on-line.
The center piece has Hailey's thumb prints. The circle around that has a dark purple shade of Pooh, Piglet, and Tigger stamps. Then the outer circle has a lighter shade of purple ink with Pooh, Piglet, and Tigger stamps.
Due to time restraints, I cut and paste the "quilt" together.
Then we reviewed out Itsy Bitsy Q books we made and the Q Alphabook from Baby Einstein. In the Sunday paper, there was a little article about quilts, so I cut it out to show Hailey other examples of quilts. Also, Darlene made a small quilt for Hailey's dolls, so we quickly talked about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment