Wednesday, October 8, 2008

S is for Snowman

Hailey loves "Once there was a Snowman", so I thought Snowman for the letter S would be a lot of fun.
We colored our Itsy Bitsy S Book with watercolors.
Then we had a couple of ideas on how to make a snowman. One idea is to use white paint. Another is to use three paper plates and attach them with brads. With that one you would focus on dressing the snowman. The one we end up doing was using cotton balls to make the snowman.
I cut out the circles and glued them onto the blue construction paper for her, so it'll be easier to see where the cotton balls go.

This is a cute file folder game from Preschool Printables. You match the snowman up by colors. Hailey did a great job at it. I also made the Number Snowflake one but I don't think Hailey is ready for it yet.
We read "The Biggest Snowman Ever" by Steven Kroll and Jeni Bassett and "All you need for a Snowman" by Alice Schertle. "The Biggest Snowman Ever" is a cute book with mice and "All you need for a Snowman" is fun and an easy read. I also got "The Tiny Snowflake" by Arthur Ginolfi but Hailey was losing interest by the end of Hailey School. "The Tiny Snowflake" is about finding why we are special and understanding that everyone is special.
And of course at the end we sang "Once there was a Snowman".

No comments: