We first read "My Car" by Byron Barton. I read it straight through once, then Hailey wanted more. So, I read it one word at a time so she could repeat it. The book has short, easy words and very few sentences.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
C is for Car
This is how to turn a diaper box into a car.
We first read "My Car" by Byron Barton. I read it straight through once, then Hailey wanted more. So, I read it one word at a time so she could repeat it. The book has short, easy words and very few sentences.
Second, I covered the diaper box with butcher paper. To do this you'll need 4 feet of paper (you could also use wrapping paper if you want). I only had 3 feet and needed to use computer paper to cover up some holes. Once it's covered Hailey was allowed to color it with markers.
Then you add the wheels with yellow hubcaps.
Make sure you add the head lights. You don't want it get pulled over for having those broken.
We first read "My Car" by Byron Barton. I read it straight through once, then Hailey wanted more. So, I read it one word at a time so she could repeat it. The book has short, easy words and very few sentences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is such a great idea. I love reading about what you are doing with Hailey. I am sure she is loving it!
This is so awesome what you are doing. I bet Hailey loves the one on one time. I need to get more organized like you. I'll have to come back here for more ideas. Keep up the good work. Did you make the abc caterpillar yourself or did you find it somewhere? it is so cute, I want to make one for Audrey, but I'm not that artistic.
I just colored the caterpillar, I got the template from: http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/insects/mcaterpillar-letters.htm
They also have one with numbers on it.
Post a Comment