While we waited for the glue to dry, we read monkey books. We read "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and "Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do" by Eileen Christelow. Hailey loves the books and shakes her little finger at the jumping monkeys. I wanted to read "Meerkat Mail" by Emily Gravett but we run out of time. (Robert is teething so when he's awake he is generally fussy.)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
M is for Monkey Mail!!!
I've been very excited about doing Monkey Mail for the letter M since I found the idea on http://www.dltk-teach.com/
We started with the Itsy Bitsy Book for the letter M. We reviewed the M-words by looking at my book while I cut hers out. She even helped me color by added more blue to the milk.
Hailey was allowed to use Markers to color the monkey. When we finished one page, I cut it out while she did the next one.
We also talked about facial features while I glued all the pieces together.
YEAH!!!! Here is the completed Monkey Mailbox. To keep the monkey up straight I glued him to a Popsicle stick.
After her nap time, the mail carrier came. Hailey was excited to get the letters in her own mailbox. This letter up above is from her Grampa. He wrote the letter to her in the shape of a M.
I love her cute little face as she looks at the letters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment