Tuesday, September 23, 2008

J is for Jellyfish

This was another hard letter to think of activities to do. After we added the J to caterpillar, we read the J Alphabook. Then we colored the Itsy Bitsy Book that has 5 J words. I got this Itsy Bitsy Book from: http://www.kidzone.ws/kindergarten/learning-letters/ib-book-j.htm. They have a book for very letter expect for the vowels. It gave us a lot of J words to talk about. It is a great learning tool. I wish I found this earlier.
After I put the book together, we made a paper plate jellyfish. The idea is from: http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/search/label/Paper%20plate%20Jelly%20Fish.
I have tons of letter stickers from scrap booking so we decorated our jellyfish with stickers.
This entertained Hailey for 20-30 minutes. It was a big hit.
When we finished with our jellyfish, we watched the video that went along with this craft. Hailey loved this song and we watched it 10-15 times. I did the song without playing the video once and Hailey stopped me and wanted the video back on.
We had a very successful session on Hailey School today!!!

No comments: