I got this idea of alphabet fishes from http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/ and tried to make my own. I laminated the fishes so they will last longer. Also I couldn't find any eyelets that were magnetic but I thought the design was way cute, so I put eyelets in and put a paper clip near its tail.
After we caught all the fishes, we read Dr. Seuss ABC board book together. Also, we read Brainy Baby ABC's.
I made a file folder that has the Sign Language Alphabet and little pictures of things that start with a certain letter. I got the idea from http://onelittletwolittle.wordpress.com/category/tot-school/file-folder-games/ I also had this laminated but didn't have time to put on the Velcro.
This activity was a little harder to do and I had to nurse Robert during this time so I couldn't help as much as I would like.
Another activity I made but we didn't end up doing is ABC bingo. I made four bingo boards using a table from excel and ABC stamps. I think this might be a little too advance for her right now.
At the end of school, we put the caterpillar head on the wall and each day we'll add the letter we worked on. I got the template from http://www.dltk-kids.com/CRAFTS/INSECTS/mcaterpillar-letters.htm I also laminated them after I color them.
1 comment:
Lamented- adj. mourned for.
Laminated. :)
Post a Comment