To teach Hailey the letter A, I focused an apples which is her 2nd favorite fruit. (bananas are #1) To Hailey all fruit that is round is an apple.
So I cut the apples in half horizontally so she can see the star is the middle. We tried first painting half of the apple so the star will show up on the paint and not get covered up in too much paint. It didn't work out very well because the apple was too wet. I probably should have dried the apple with a paper towel first before using the paint.

Hailey tried dipping the apple in the paint but couldn't get the apple back out. (It was very slippery for me too.) Maybe a knife or a Popsicle craft stick would have helped to get the apple out if we stuck it in the middle of the apple.

Soon, we gave up on the apple and she just painted the paper that had the letter A.
(The template we use for all the letters are from
http://www.dltk-teach.com/)

Next we talked about how apples come from trees and showed her how to add apples to the tree by dipping her finger in the paint (you can use an ink pad too) and putting it on the paper. It I had more time or patience with this activity I would have her color the tree first then paint the apples on.

She likes painting with her fingers as we made fun "bop" noises.

After we were done doing the crafts, we read 10 Apples up on Top and Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3.
*Side note: This was a very difficult day since neither kid would take a nap and would take turns fussy. By the end of the day I was out of patience and very frustrated but still glad I was able to do Hailey School.
No comments:
Post a Comment