Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Joy of the Body 1

Today was the first day that Luc joined us. Hailey was excited to share joy school with him and kept telling him that there is a surprise. (that was the way I introduced it to Hailey)

We started talking about our bodies today. When I told Hailey this before the lesson, I also asked what is her body. She bend over and pointed to her bum. It was a funny sight. We started potty train recently but it's not going well.

So to start the lesson, we shaped our bodies into different letters. Both got into this activity. Then we walked in different ways following what the CD sang. Then we looked at different pictures from "Your Insides" by Joanna Cole. I finally had the time this morning to go to the library and really look for books. They were all in the nonfiction section even though they were for children.

Our little act activity is to put back the body that I cut out. They had me outline the body on the paper first which I thought was a great idea but something I wouldn't have thought of myself.
Luc saw me cut these out and so ask me when we were ready to do it.
Hailey still wanted more help from me even though I know she really could have done it herself.
Then we read a quick book about feet to more onto our finally activity...painting with our feet.
Chloe came here right in time to join us. They got the sidewalk pretty messy but really enjoyed themselves.
And that ended our Joy School for the day. Luc was talking to Chloe later about having his picture on the school house with his own window. I was afraid that he would think that this was too childish for him but he had fun today. He is a more active boy who needs to move. Robert is like that too so it's great that I have this chance to work with Luc to learn how to work with Robert.

No comments: