Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Preschool: A for Apples

Monday was our first day for Preschool. I decided to do apples again like last year. First we read "Ten Apples Up On Top". Then I cut into the apple to show the star. With the apple they could dip it in the green paint to color the letter A page.
Audrey just wanted to use the paint brush.
Robert had fun with the paint. Luckily, it came off the tray pretty easy.
Then we talked about where apples came from. They put their own apples on the trees using their fingers.
After we quickly cleaned up, we read about Johnny Appleseed. Since Robert found the bubbles while I was reading, we played with bubbles when I finished the story. Then we had apples for a snack. All this took 30 minutes.
Then for the next 20 minutes they were pretty happy with play-dough. We finished up preschool with dress-up. I think the kids enjoyed their time together. I was very surprised at how smooth things ran today.

1 comment:

Josie and Wayne said...

You're doing a great job! The kids are loving this and learning a lot.