Friday, October 28, 2011

Wednesday Preschool: Leaves

I really struggled with figuring out what to do with this lesson, then the morning of it finally clicked. We read a book about Fall Colors (which half the kids lost interest in). Then they did a tracing worksheet to get the leaf into the pile.




Then they could color the leaves I traced on butcher paper and glue on pine cones, needles, and sticks.  I wanted them to have opportunities to work on a project together instead of constantly doing their own thing. 


We also had a fall sensory bin that the kids really enjoyed.  It had black beans, small glittery leaves, and bigger fake leaves.  After the emptied the bin, we restarted the activity 4 or 5 times.




When they finally got tried of that, I gave everyone baggies to take outside and fill up with leaves, sticks, berries, whatever "nature" thing they could find.  By that time the parents were coming to pick them up.  This is the first lesson that I've done that has actually filled up the whole hour.
Here are Robert's papers.
This is Hannah's paper. She's now getting into coloring.

No comments: