With my due date at the end of this month, I decided that I would teach two weeks in a row and then be skipped in the next rotation. Since we are not having preschool the week of Thanksgiving, I'm not going to teach again until December. This works out pretty well for me.
For day we talked about seasons. I have these cool felt pictures (for Joy School) that the kids helped my categorize into the different seasons. Then we talked about a tree's cycle through out the four seasons (again with Joy School felt pictures).
I had a T worksheet (maybe from DLTK) for the kids to color.
On Saturday we went to Ikea to get dining room chairs. While we were there they were giving out these trees to everyone and turning it into a craft for the kids. There were beads and buttons for the kids to put on wire.
I thought this was a fun idea and gave beads to the kids to put on pipe cleaners. This would work on their fine motor skills.Hannah surprised me and worked very hard to string her own beads.
The kids did great with this activity and everyone was excited about bringing a tree home.
No comments:
Post a Comment