Thursday, September 16, 2010

Joy School: Nature Laws & KR6

This lesson is new one (not a repeat from last year with a little variation). I didn't have the felt pictures ready and my color ink is out, so Hailey held the pictures up for me which she enjoyed. (I'll color them later)

We talked about how nature has rules to follow (the bees must make honey, bears must hibernate).
Then we were going to sing a new song but Hailey hated it and freaked out on me. I was almost going to stop today. But we both decided to finish the lesson quickly and do the art activity by making Obedience Charts.

We get a sticker for each rule/request that we obey. Hailey loved the part that mommy was doing it to and thought it entitled her to boss me around. I let it slide for a day.For the Kindergarten Readiness lesson, I made upper and lowercase A,B,C, and D out of sandpaper. It is supposed to help encourage kids to trace the letters with a unique texture.
Then Hailey matched the upper and lowercase letters. Lowercase b and d are really hard to tell apart, so she looks on the chart on the wall to double check which way it goes.

No comments: