Friday, January 29, 2010

Cookies

For Christmas, we got a huge bucket of cookie cutters. We've used it with play dough but I've really wanted to make fun shaped cookies. So, while Hannah took a short nap, Hailey and I made the dough. Then Hailey, Luc, and Chloe were able to do whatever they wanted with their dough.
Cutting shapes out.
Everyone could eat one cookie but needed to save the rest.
We used these squeeze tubs to decorate. However, Chloe and I were the only ones who could squeeze frosting out. Next time, I'll use the powder sugar frosting recipe and put it in bags with food coloring. That will be easier for Hailey and Luc.
Here's Chloe's plate. She had to go to piano and didn't finish.
Here's Hailey's plate.
And finally, when Hannah calmed down a little, I was able to make and decorate my own cookies. I couldn't let the kids have all the fun. Robert was napping during this time. Next time if Hannah sleeps longer, I'll include Robert since he'll need more help.

No comments: